Saturday, December 10, 2011

North & South - Elizabeth Gaskell

Finally I got the BBC collection of "North & South" ( Elizabeth Gaskell's novel)....No wonder I loved it so much..The plot resembles P& P...Here the backdrop is industrial town of Milton....Mr.Thornton is the master of a cotton mill in Milton (North England)...And Miss.Margaret Hale,daughter of a clergyman from south rural area..Her father leaves his post and then they have to travel to Milton to settle down there....She is very independent,stubborn girl who is proud of her roots and class...The cultural differences of north and south were picturised very nicely...The industrail environment,the problems of labour were very well portraited...In the movie,The house of Miss.Hale in Helston is like a heaven,the house covered with colourful creapers and the total greenary all around...it was just awesome....I really enjoyed watching the movie for them also...The movie is about how the two come together regardless of their differences...

Hey look at the pensil sketch by some one...It is so cute right !!! its the ending scene in the railway station...:-)



OMG !! I really missed it all this time..I can say I liked it more than Pride & Prejudice... After watching it now I became a new fan of Richard Armitage....He is just awesome as Mr.Thornton...He presented so many shades in his role with great ease.....He sparkled as a very good and caring son to his mother,An angry   powerful master to his workers and an ardent lover to Miss.Hale...I can say it is simply Richard Armitage's movie....Daniela and Richard are very cute pair as Miss.Hale & Mr.Thronton....Sincerely feeling that I have done a wrong thing,watched the movie first....I haven't read the book yet...Now I would like to read the book,But definitely the movie mark can not go from my mind....Surely one can not be satisfied watching it once....

3 comments:

Emily Rose said...

I love the pencil sketch!

Sandhya said...

Wow dear.. the pencil sketch is beautiful.. BTW.. u used to draw pictures infact.. paint... where is that side of Nagini? Are you painting these days are not? If so.. please do share... As you suggested, will sometime for sure watch this movie..

A Homemaker's Utopia said...

Haven't painted many but there are few...will surely share with u..yet to be scanned...Yep DON'T MISS the movie dear...